Sunday, May 8, 2011

Baldwin or Bust!

I am sure you have all heard the saying before.  Well, I'm headed to UMCOR for a week of service.  We will be preparing a lot of flood buckets and health kits I'm told.  This will be my first time to go. 
We will be having breakfast at 7 a.m. and working in the depot from about 8 a.m. - 12:00 noon.  then we have lunch, then we will go back to the depot and work from 1 - 3:00 PM. 
Meals are provided except for on the way down and way back and Wednesday. 
We also are planning to go to Avery Island while we are there.  I think the plan is to tour the tobasco plant.  I am told there are gift shops both on Avery Island and at UMCOR.  That will be Wednesday.  Thursday evening is chapel night.  There are 3 preachers that will be there, two of them being Rev. Loyd and Rev. Debbie Perry. 

While I'm away, my parents will be keeping my dog, Holly for me in the evenings and nights. 


Holly had arrived at my parents place in above photo. 


Dad playing with Holly.


Holly settling in at my parent's place for the day. 

Lastly, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there.  I hope you all have a wonderful mother's day with your children and for those whose mothers or children are up in heaven, may you feel their presence close to you on this special day. I celebrated Mother's Day earlier in the week with my mother and got her a bead for her Pandora bracelet.  Below is a picture of my mom with her gift from my sister. 




We traveled on Highway 7 through Arkadelphia.  We crossed over Lake DeGray. 
The picnic area right by the highway is pictured above. 
With all the rain we have had lately the lake is really up. 


This is Cross Lake above that we crossed over into Louisiana. 



There are LOTS of corn fields in the northern part of Louisiana as far as the eye can see.
Some of them have oil wells in them. 


Finally we arrived in Baldwin, Louisiana at our destination, UMCOR Sager-Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment